Today saw us at day 3 of being a family - and the first day of Mike going back to work. So Fi and I were on our own for part of the day anyway. We did pretty well throughout the day ... even got to watch Price is Right while feeding.
Mike got home in time for me to pee (hooray) and finish a very late lunch. Mike's dad made the drive from up north for the afternoon to see his new granddaughter, so he got here shortly after that. Mike and Dan were visiting and Fi was sleeping so I thought I'd take a quick nap. Apparently that was a bad idea.
Fiona started to have a meltdown so Mike went and got her and he tried to keep her happy while I worked on dinner for everyone. We finally decided that Mike would finish making the sauce and noodles while I fed her. Yogi was in with me and was making weird noises so I sent him out of the room. About 30 seconds later, Yogi threw up a huge pile of bile on our new livingroom carpet. While Mike dealt with that, the dinner prep was passed to Matthew.
After Fiona was fed, Mike was still working on the carpet stain and I ran downstairs to get something to go with dinner. When I came back up, the noodles had boiled over and the stove was covered in water. Luckily none had gotten to the floor yet.
We may not have it all under control yet, but Mike truly believes all would have been well if Yogi hadn't puked. I still have my doubts.
Tomorrow is day 2: sara and fiona on our own. Wish us luck!
2 comments:
hahaha. what a day! :) i have every confidence that things will continue to improve as you all get used to each other. in the meantime, you will just have lots of great stories to share!
love, em
Welcome to parenthood!!
When things get too bad just remind yourself that Brad and Cheryl will be having twice as much fun and have a little chuckle on their behalf! Just kidding ;)
Hang in there! It will get easier as everyone settles in.
Post a Comment