But we are also thankful for an incredibly fun holiday weekend. Thursday saw me in the kitchen - cooking! I love to cook and miss really taking the time to make a special meal once and a while. Our hectic weekly schedule has us throwing together healthy, but quick, meals on a daily basis. It was so fun to really get to dig in and do something besides chicken and sloppy joes! Thanks to Mom, Dad, and Emmy for joining us. And Dad V - we thought of you all day and wished you could have been there. I'm refraining from yelling at you via my blog about your ribs and hunting ... but you know what I'm thinking! ;-)
Friday was a busy day. We took the family to the MN Wild hockey game where I had tickets in my company's suite. It was Fiona's first hockey game and she LOVED it! She loves hockey anyway (whenever Mike is gone, she asks me if he is at hockey) so seeing it live was incredible. She especially loved watching it from the comfort of Grandpa J's lap!
We rounded out Friday with a trip to downtown to watch the Holidazzle parade's opening night. We may need to make this an annual tradition. I've always loved this parade and Fiona was amazed by it. She happily sat in Mike's arms and oohed and aahed the whole time. She even made it through the fireworks without too much concern.
Today, we headed to Mike's aunt's house to see the whole B family! It was a wild and crazy bunch - our favorite kind. Fiona had a hearty "snack" of turkey dinner mid-afternoon and still ate a sizable dinner when we got home. Mike and I did not. Still full even now as I type.
We'll complete the weekend by being very thankful to have a quiet day at home to recover from all this fun!
3 comments:
Nice Thunderhawks sweatshirt ;)
I am thankful for a husband who lets me raid his sweatshirt shelf! ;-)
she's such a little lady ;)
emmy
Post a Comment