Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thoughts on Pregnancy Round 2

In our experience, second pregnancy is the way to go! With a toddler in the house, it is simply flying by. She doesn't care that Mommy is pregnant and has her own agenda for each night. I miss the feelings of being totally in tune with the baby like I had with Fiona, but I love the low stress and quick timeline. We're 34 weeks along on Monday, so it's starting to get close.
  • Just like with Fiona, I look like I shoved a basketball under my shirt. While I appreciate that I hardly look pregnant from behind, it is hard to navigate the world with a hard ball in your front. Mike was making fun of the recline of the driver's seat in my car and I told him that I would be happy to strap a bowling ball to his gut and see how he liked it ;-)
  • My stomach hurts. Not inside (although the organ assault continues) - but the outside. The fact that my shirt touches my skin is painful. So a loving 1-year-old is quite a test of my endurance. But her hugs are so sweet that I work with it.
  • I can still wear my wedding ring. Hooray! And I'm still wearing heels. Not super high ... but I'm calling it a victory.
  • I really wonder why all maternity clothes have a bow on them. I'm not a present! And bows in the back are just uncomfortable if you have to lean against them all day. Note to maternity designers - lose the bows please!
  • Food: I want orange juice again. Not as bad as with Fiona (side note: i HATE orange juice but apparently crave it anyway during pregnancy), but there is still a jug of Tropicana in the fridge. I do not like meat. I eat it to model behavior for the 1-year-old, but I don't like it. I do like pancakes! And ice cream.
  • We are even more laid back on actual baby preparations than we were with Fiona. Pray that this baby doesn't come early or we are in big trouble! Still on the list ... move Fiona to a toddler bed, get down and wash the neutral baby clothes, find the bottles ... you know, basically make it look like we are having a baby! 
We are super excited for this little one to join the family! So excited that we should probably start thinking about names too ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for uneventful, healthy pregnancies!! We are getting excited as well. I'm hoping to get down mid of July and visit one eve if you guys are around. Does the Monday the 16th work? B

Anonymous said...

wow lots of extra words in that post...my brains on vaca this summer:)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for new baby to make an appearance! Hope to see you all soon (like to celebrate my favorite sister's bday with a movie date!!). love, emmy

Rae said...

So glad you finally posted about baby #2. Wish there was a picture too....

Love you!!
Tawnda