Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chasing after Big Sister

This post is brought to you courtesy of Daylight Savings Time. As a parent of small children, I have some choice words about this program. Let's just say that it's shortly after 7:00 am and I've already been up for more than 2 hours. If we have to continue with this madness, I vote that DST does not occur on hunting opener so that Daddy will get to share in the fun. [Okay, fine ... we're up, but the baby is happily playing and smiling at me. Dirty Dancing is on the TV. And the toddler, while awake, is still in her bed. It could (and has) been worse.]

But back to the main focus ... Quinn rolled over! Last weekend, we were prepping the crib that Buggy has vacated in their room for Miss Q's imminent arrival. The girls were playing on the floor. And with intent, Q threw that head to the side and muscled her way over to her back. What a look of pride! She's not doing it consistently, but has done it a couple times since. And yesterday when she, Fiona, Emmy, and I were playing, she got quite far on her side - trying to roll from back to belly.

Fiona is Quinn's biggest fan. She is quick with the encouragement (and congratulatory hugs and kisses). She is so proud of all Quinn's accomplishments. They are a great pair. We took this fun video a couple weeks ago of Q scooting across the room and her "coach" helping her on. Way to go, girls!

1 comment:

The Bartholomews said...

That is seriously cute! "Come Qinny Come"! I could watch it a thousand times.