Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Growing Up

Mike and I blinked - and Fiona has grown up! Yes, she's definitely still two. Don't get me wrong. But she's becoming less a toddler and more a kid every day. It's so exciting to watch ... and yet, I miss my baby. But our baby has turned into this kid.

The one who thinks mornings should entail lounging on her couch, legs crossed, with a yogurt and cartoons.

The one who is still too short, even with a stool, to reach the kitchen counter, so we sat on the floor to make brownies together.

The one who grabbed my face earlier this week when I was carrying her (because of the ice) and said, "mama. I needed you to be careful. It slippery. K?"

See "lounging" comment above
The one who felt sorry for Auntie and got her sister to quit screaming.

The one who can make Quinn laugh like no one else in the world can.

The one who pulls out Quinn's booster seat and my chair, climbs (climbs!) onto my chair, and sits on it to feed her baby doll.

The one who goes downstairs to play. all by herself.

The one who told Mike tonight, "I'm so excited you are my Daddy."

This kid. We adore her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me so happy. She is such a special little girl. I love watching her grow up and I LOVE being her auntie!!
Emmy

Anonymous said...

So Sweet. Makes my heart melt. I love my little "babies" so much.
Scoobs