Sunday, October 27, 2013

Getting Scary

We're practicing up for Halloween. We've donned our costumes twice, are trick-or-treating pros, and are sure there will be cake at the day care Halloween party (fingers crossed).

What a glorious weekend we've had. We spent the morning outside on Saturday, ensuring the leaf pile was nice and compressed for Daddy. Mom had the brilliant idea to line the slide up with pile ... sweet! Then Auntie came down for a fun afternoon of pumpkin carving. We have a silly pumpkin and a happy pumpkin (Bugs' orders). Bug even helped Daddy scrape out one of the pumpkins and oversaw the carving. Her attention was rock solid for 1 1/2 pumpkins. Not bad for a three year old!

Mom, Bug, Q, and Yogs headed to the park this afternoon after nap because it was just too beautiful to not be outside as much as possible. It was so great that we all headed back out after dinner. Breathing in all that fresh air as long as we can.

A humorous side note from Friday ... I texted Mike around 11 am on Friday to tell him I was so hungry that I was considering eating my arm. He texted back that he was starving too. I met my good friend Mary for lunch at Punch and ate an entire pizza (that's not abnormal. They're sorta personal size). I called Mike after to tell him I was still hungry. He told me that he had gone to a Chinese restaurant and had a double entree and a side of potstickers ... and was still hungry. Then, when M picked up the girls from Ms. A's, she likened feeding our children at lunch to "feeding the lions at the zoo." There may or may not have been nearly literal pouncing on food. And knowing Q, probably bellowing for more! My official diagnosis - family tapeworm. What else could it be? ;-)

No comments: