Monday, January 27, 2014

Lonely?

Bestest buddies
I called my sister last night. At 6:45. On a night when she knew Mike was at hockey (because she was going to go to his game … until it got hella cold!). So I forgive her for answering the phone with a confused “Hello?” (which really meant “are you going to the ER? Or is the house on fire?”). Because I don’t normally call at 6:45 when home “by myself” with the kids. Because they’re needy.

Except they weren't last night. I got them cleaned up from dinner, set them down, and off they trotted to their room to play. So I cleaned up dinner. I peeked my head in and Fiona told me they were fine. I swept the kitchen. The dining room. The hallway. I peeked in again. Still fine. I started a load of laundry. Asked them if they wanted me to play. “No mama, we’re good.” So I went into the living room, picked up a few toys, listened to the shrieking laughter down the hall, and called my sister. “I’m lonely,” I told her. Isn’t that irony? I wish for personal space all the time, and then when I have it, I don’t know what to do with it. Because I know the second I start something I want to do, they’ll need me. Some guy named Murphy made a Law that says that.

Luckily, Mike and I anticipated the pending moments of loneliness, did a quick family headcount, and determined that there was indeed room for one more. In June, we will round out the family with one more [likely blond(e)] head. We are just over 20 weeks along and had our big ultrasound today. Baby is delightfully and beautifully healthy. Brain, heart, SPINE, organs – all where they should be, looking how they should look. Since this will be the last Mini Vanneste (at least the last one that I will grow), we decided to go for the three-peat. To its adoring public, Mini V3 will be gender neutral until birth – just like its sisters. Baby weighed in at 12 oz, which I thought was our smallest baby yet, but research (looked back at the blog) shows that Quinn was 10 oz at her 20 week peek. Fiona was a solid pound. So we are right on track with where our babies usually line up.

Debuting today, on its cousin Anna’s 25th birthday (happy bday, Belles!), is Mini V3.
You can see a hand by its face and the other hand below it
3D image of a hand and the two feet (with ankles crossed)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for more beautiful Vanneste babies!!! After all, who makes cuter, sweeter babies than you two? love u all, congratulations:) B

Emily said...

You can always call me when you're lonely - and even when you're not. I enjoy the chaos (from afar) ;) So excited to meet you, Baby. We're going to have so many glorious adventures together. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Baby V3!
June, July (you), August, September...you are going to have many summers full of birthdays!
Here's to healthy, happy and perfectly Vanneste!
Love ya, M in Tucson

Nancy said...

We're so excited to meet the new baby in June!

This isn't a guess or anything, but isn't it a male trait to lounge around with his ankles crossed when there is work to be done? Well, maybe not...guess I do that sometimes...