Saturday, February 22, 2014

Finally - Proof!

I have really cute daughters - so I don't want to complain. But seriously, they are both spitting images of their dad (who is also cute ...). But seriously, carrying them for 80+ weeks should count for something.

My mom brought down some old pictures last weekend that she had found while going through my grandma's pictures. Some of them will be filed under the "awkward teen phase / bad fashion choices" that Mike never needs to see. But some were pretty fun to look at. When Bugs saw this one, she asked "why is there a picture of Quinny in here?" I still think she looks a lot like Mike, but I'm pleased to have photographic proof that my genetics somehow contributed.

In other 18 month stats, Mike brought Q to her well check this week. She weighs 22 lbs (10th percentile) and is 32" tall (55 percentile). She is 6 oz lighter than Fiona was and 1 inch taller. Her head is also bigger. Her gross motor and verbal skills are at a 2 year old level. Which just means she's doing what she should be these days.

Sara - 17 months

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I have thought Quinny looked like you from day one, now I have proof too! What a cute kid you were!

Emily said...

I agree with Nancy! From the first minute I laid eyes on Q, I thought she looked just like her pretty mama!

In other news, mom brought me a stack of pictures too - mine have been labeled "burn immediately" and "the many hairdos of Emmy"

MGV said...

The many "hair-don'ts" of Emmy

The Bartholomews said...

I have also thought that minus the blonde hair Q looked like you!

Emily said...

Well-played, Michael. Well-played.