Thursday, February 13, 2014

She Did It!

Mike is manning the ship at home while I'm in Texas for work. Don't be jealous - it's not as warm as it sounds. Until this weekend when it is supposed to be in the 70s. And I won't be here.  I will be home for Valentine's Day - hooray!

Mike took Bugs to swimming lessons on Tuesday and they finally let her go on the diving board. Mike tells me she was super pumped and headed right out on it. Until she got past the handles and it wiggled. She didn't expect it to wiggle. She kept going, just a few steps at a time. And did really well until she got the edge. Then she realized she had never jumped that far before. She froze ... until a teacher came and helped her jump.

She told me on the phone last night that she was proud and wasn't afraid anymore. We are beyond proud of her! What a brave girl! She told me that she'll show me next week when I take her to swimming. I can't wait!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Too Cute! Much Better than ice fishing!

Nancy said...

Way to go Fiona! You are so brave!

Emily said...

So proud!! She's just the best!

The Bartholomews said...

She will be swimming circles around Ben and jumping off the dock out at Johnson Lake before you know it! Way to go!