Saturday, March 1, 2014

There's Always a Story ...

Playing "peek"
Mike was gone today - so I decided it would be a good idea to take the girls to a nearby Target photo studio for new pictures. By myself. 25 weeks pregnant. No way this could go awry ...

The girls and I got up this morning, settled into my bed with cartoons, and painted our toenails (Q's first time ever - she thinks she's hot stuff now!). Then we had breakfast. My plan was to dump them in the tub right after breakfast to get them shined up for the late morning pictures. After they pounded three pancakes (each!), into the tub they went. They seemed really content, so I left the door open and worked on finishing the breakfast clean up. I could hear them and walked by every couple minutes. All was well - until it wasn't. I heard shrieks and went running. Quinn had pooped. A LOT. in the tub and both were beside themselves to be in very poopy water.

Humoring me so I'll leave her alone
I grabbed them out, wrapped them in towels, and started to clean up the tub. Because I hadn't cleaned them yet! I got the tub cleaned up, the toys in the sink soaking, and started refilling the tub. When I put them back in, I discovered that Fiona had pooped in the towel she was wrapped in. Sigh ... luckily, I had left us plenty of time.

My number one goal of the photo session was to get a few good pictures of them together. So we got one sorta good one. Because while they loved each other ALL day today, in those 15 minutes, they really could not possibly stand/sit/or be next to each other. But I got really cute pictures of each separately. Some of you will have new shots coming to a frame near you.

You can't see the pictures yet. Target hasn't posted them online (oh, the agony of the wait!) - and I'll need my good graphics software on my work computer.

Bonus story: The girls wanted to pull new toys out of the toy box in their bedroom. I wouldn't let them unless they each picked out a toy from the living room baskets that would go into the toy box. I heard Q rustling in the basket and start to the bedroom ... and Bugs called her back. On the first try, they arrived empty handed in their room and Fiona told me they had each picked a toy. I informed her they needed to bring them to me and trade for a new one. Foiled. So round two, they each showed up with one of Yogi's toys. Clever clever oldest child. I didn't let that pass either and sent them back (mostly so I could laugh!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently no one wanted to comment on poopy tub water. Ah the life of a busy Mom...better you than me...and there's another on the soon to be way!
Love ya, M in Tucson