![]() |
| The girls and I planted our pots |
Our current family size can pound fruit like no one’s
business and I swear we run out every 3-4 days. [I know, woe is me. My children
love fruit.] And with another eater on the way, I figured within the next year,
it would be time.
And then the last week occurred. Last Friday, we made eggs for
dinner. A dozen eggs. And an entire container of strawberries. And half a loaf
of bread. BUT – the thing is, Mike and I had to snack after the girls went to
bed because we basically got no food. The blondes ate almost all of that by
themselves. On Saturday, I made spaghetti. Enough for 5-6 servings. Or
so I thought. Until Fiona had FOUR helpings and Quinn had two and there were NO
leftovers. Oh, and we ate almost half a watermelon.
Earlier this week, we got a text from Ms. A that Q was mad
at her because she had cut her off at breakfast after a full bowl of cereal,
four pieces of toast, half a banana, and milk. And that Fiona had eaten the
same minus a piece of toast. Then at lunch the same day, Quinn had three
helpings of everything and was still hungry so got a yogurt as a supplement.
Ms. A may raise our tuition since we are apparently bringing teenage boys
instead of toddler girls (rate increase is a joke). At dinner that same night,
Bugs ate 2 hot dogs and a brat and Quinn ate almost three hot dogs! And they
were delightfully happy. Apparently we've been starving them to death.
Either they are on a massive growth spurt (my theory),
storing up for hibernation (Mike’s theory), or fearful that mealtime will be
forgotten in new baby chaos (A’s theory). Regardless of the reason, it seems I
need to hustle my bottom over to the nearest warehouse store and sign us up
before they eat the house!

1 comment:
I could leave Nate with you for a week! "I know I just had 4 chicken legs, corn, and a yogurt. .. now can I have 3 hotdogs and 6 pieces of Sammy's pizza?
Post a Comment