Wednesday, July 16, 2014

All Star Reflections

I'm a nerd and I look forward to All-Star week every year. This year was especially exciting because it was here in Minnesota. I told Mike that I debated all weekend whether or not to take Bugs to Fan Fest. He pointed out that the 100,000 people and me and a 3 year old were maybe not the best odds. He also wisely deduced that maybe it was just Mom who really wanted to go to Fan Fest. Well played, Michael. Well played.

Last night, we let the girls stay up a little later than normal so that they could watch the start of the game. Here are some of the thoughts they had about it.

M: Those are the thunderbirds, girls. They flew out of Duluth.
F: Dad, they aren't birds. They're planes

M: Bugs, that's King Felix. He's the best pitcher in baseball right now.
F: A king!?!?!
S: Bugs, when you start to date, no one with a soul patch. Okay?
F: I'm going to date Quinny.
M: I don't think it works that way.
F: But she's my best friend.

F: Is that a GIRL!?!?! (in response to seeing one of the players with very long, dredlocked hair)

The fans
Future All-Star?

No comments: