Saturday, October 4, 2014

Apple Picking

Riding a pony
We headed to the apple orchard a few weeks ago. We had never been and it seemed like the cool kid thing to do in the early fall - before the pumpkin patch became the go-to destination. We headed south to a local orchard that used to be the "it" place to go. The "it" place has new ownership and has gone downhill in the last few years, we hear.

We ended up not actually picking apples. I know, who goes to the orchard and leaves without apples? But we did check out the hay barn, the petting zoo, the duck pond, and the pony rides. Brave #1 took a spin on the pony. The saddle didn't feel super secure and it bounced alot. She was very nervous, but seemed to enjoy it.

It would have been a good picture ....
if #2 had decided to cooperate
Declan was a little fussy at the end ... until we realized it was time for him to eat and he was probably hungry. Poor #3! We have friends who live near the orchard and popped over to their neighborhood to use their park while I fed the guy.

Not sure we'll go back again - but I wouldn't be surprised if we did in the future. I still think the kids will get a kick out of picking the apples. And I do like to make applesauce ... and pie ... and cobbler ... Yum!

No comments: