I've managed to sneak out of the piles of laundry to finish our adventures from the 4th of July. We just got back from a weekend of camping ... and if thickness of dirt plus height of laundry piles equates to fun, then we totally crushed this weekend. I'll tell you about it ...someday ... after I catch up on our other stories!
 |
Mila was in D's space ... so he thought |
We finished our days up north with one more trip to the lake. On Tuesday morning, we went out to my dad's cousin's lakehouse. Their granddaughter and great-granddaughter were in town visiting from California and the sweet little great-grand was just about Dec's age. They have a beautiful sandy beach and it was a much warmer, sunnier day than the 4th. We had a great time splashing around the water with the littles. Quinn was a dock-jumping machine and Fiona had a great time playing with little Mila. Dec was more nervous of the water than he was the day before. He still had fun, but was definitely more hesitant.
Jack and Audrey had rented a couple paddleboards, so Mike, Em, and I took turns taking them out on the bay. The last time I was on one was shortly after D was born ... and I only had a few minutes before we needed to leave, so I only got up on my knees. I was able to test it out standing this time, which was pretty fun.
We left around lunch time to get naps in for the very
very tired littles and to send Mike, my dad, and sister off to go fishing for the afternoon. The kids and I headed to the park after rest to get our climbing out, we had our favorite pizza for dinner, and we got to see sweet new baby Micah. It was a power-packed final day!
Wednesday morning, we packed up and made it about halfway home before we needed to stop for lunch. The kids were pretty good on the way home and were so happy to get out of the car in our driveway!
We were all definitely a little cranky on Thursday morning when we had an alarm clock and had to wear real pants instead of swimsuits!
**
A couple other bonus ones from the weekend that are too good not to share**
2 comments:
Aren't you glad I take so many pictures?! ;)
I'm just now getting caught up on your July 4th adventures... and I'm loving all the photos! It sounds like y'all had an absolute blast!!
Post a Comment