- His tennis shoes were getting tight so I looked in the bag from C and found an old school pair of Adidas soccer shoes. Dec loves them. But even better ... daddy has the same(ish) shoes!!!! Mind blown. He will only wear his soccer shoes now and expects Mike to do the same.
- I was holding him a few days ago, glanced in the mirror, and wondered where all that leg came from. A quick walk to our growth chart confirmed - he's grown an inch since his birthday!!!
- Declan and I got a little extra time together on Thursday as Ms. A closed early. We were sitting at the table having snack and he started making a face. I asked him if he needed to poop and he said he did. And asked to go in the potty. And THEN HE DID! It's a tiny step. He will ask to try once in a while. We aren't pushing him. But it was still a big deal!
- On Friday, Declan said "buh-bye, nookie" and we pulled the final "plug" from bedtime. Compared to when I pulled Fiona's plug, there was a lot less crying and drama. It was decidedly quieter. There was, however, much more bed jumping and throwing of crib contents at Quinn.
There are moments when he is SO big. He carries on complex conversations (for a 2-year-old) and always wants to know what is going on. He's the family clown and delights in making us laugh. But then there are moments like naptime today, when he will still snuggle with me ... and I can pretend, for a minute or two, that there's a tiny bit of baby left in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment