![]() |
| Where's Milo ...? |
We splashed around for a few hours, and Mike made his inaugural swim across the bay and back with Em and me. The kids were very impressed with him and it was fun to have him join in one of my favorite parts of the lake.
The pontoon felt more cooperative as well and we took a ride over to the "nude" beach. It's actually the "new" beach ... but toddler-isms are far funnier! My dad had brought his boat up too, so Mike and Fiona tubed back from the beach. Fiona loved being in the tube and I could hear her happy shrieks from across the lake.
Around 4:30, we begrudgingly pulled ourselves out of the lake and headed back to town. It was hard to leave, but we made a game plan with Anna and Liv to meet up there again the next day. When we got back to Gma and Gpa's, I ran each of the kids - and then myself - through the shower. Two days of lake and sweat was starting to get "special" looking.
After we put the kids to bed, Mike, my sister, and I headed out to the VFW. My friend Mike was performing at open mic night and I wanted to see him. There were a few other classmates of mine out as well (our 20 year reunion was later that weekend - but I didn't go as we were heading home). It was fun to visit with a couple of them whom I was closer to ... and mildly awkward to chat with the others. I wasn't terribly sad that I didn't go to the reunion. I'm not great at small talk and it makes me anxious.
Mike did a great job, as always, and even humored me with an acoustic version of Achy Breaky Heart. Nothing says late-90s graduate like a little Billy Ray Cyrus! The only bummer of the evening was that we got a text that the road to the cabin was being closed the next morning at 7am for several weeks (they are redoing the road). We made a new plan for the next day and are crossing our fingers that the road is open again before we head back up in August


1 comment:
So many comments!
1. Jackets with swimsuits... I don't understand this!
2. How cold is it when y'all are at the lake?
3. I guess #2 doesn't really matter because you're At. The. Lake! And I'm sooo jealous!
4. My 20-year high school reunion is this weekend, and I'm kinda sad to miss it. I'm also not great about awkward small talk... but it would be nice to see some old friends in person!
Post a Comment