Monday, August 13, 2018

Let's Flamingle

Last Tuesday night was our annual neighborhood part for Night to Unite. I think it’s our eighth year doing it and it is always so much fun. My friend Katie and I ended up being more in charge of it this year – so we kept things pretty simple. My favorite part was delivering the reminder flyer (always put the marketing person in charge of the flyer. It was a beach theme and my flyer had flamingos and said "let's flamingle". Katie thought it was great. Mike rolled his eyes at me!). I collected some extra children and had three pairs of deliverers. They did such a great job and we had so much fun. I also could not have paired the teams better. I had a hyper-focused group (yes, Quinn was half that team), a not in a hurry group, and a slightly shy group. 

As always at our parties, there was tons of delicious food. We did it at the end of the cul-de-sac, so we let the kids bring the electric dune buggy and gator down. They did a great job sharing and the cars were in motion almost constantly. The neighborhood kids had the best time playing and entertained each other the whole time. Dec really liked that the big girls helped him ride his bike and practice those new “no training wheels” skills. Quinn loved driving around the cars with various friends. And honestly, I have no idea what Fiona was doing. She was independent and delightfully happy.

Since the party was a beach theme, our neighbor Skip was spraying the kids with the hose, there was a beach ball volleyball game, and lots of leis being worn. We had visits from both a fire truck and a police car. The policewomen even stayed and played volleyball with the kids for a while. It was yet another night with a late bedtime. And we weren’t at all sorry.

No comments: