This week's camp was specifically for 5-7 year olds. Their theme was "Part of the Family" and they learned songs and dances from several different musicals that had something to do with family. I loved hearing them sing their songs all week, but they were very mysterious with information on their dance moves. They wanted it to be a surprise.
The performance was Friday morning, so Gma and Gpa J, Nanny N, Fiona, and I met Mike at the theater for the big show. And there were our kidstars - dead center of the stage. They got to come out to see us quick, eat a cookie, and then it was back on stage for the performance. You guys, it was so cute.
This performance was way different than F's - in the best possible way. In F's camp, they were clearly working on performance skills and polish. That was exactly what Fiona needed and she nailed that. This camp was all about the showmanship. You know who is also all about the showmanship ... Declan George Vanneste.
The highlight of the whole dang thing was the 5-7 year old kick line. It was just a favorite! They both did so well and were very proud. Mike got comments all afternoon from his co-workers about a) how good and precise Q is at dance moves and b) how Declan has zero stage fright. Zero.
Everyone enjoyed their first theater camp experience and can't wait to go again next year. When I was running through the rain with Declan on my back this weekend and he starting singing Sisters from White Christmas ("in all kinds of weather we stick together, the same in the rain or sun"), I was pretty sure I also enjoyed their first theater camp experience! My drama club heart still beats proudly and I love seeing them experience life from the stage.


1 comment:
That looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment