Thursday, September 12, 2019

Baby Beau is Baptized

While we were up north, I had the epic honor of sharing godmother status with my sister as sweet baby Beau was baptized. The whole family met at church and filled up three plus rows (and then a vast majority of the population retreated to the nursery after the children's sermon). Beau is my first official godchild (I claim Ben through Mike), which meant so much to me. I'm very grateful to Liv and Jesse for allowing me to share a little bit of sweet Beau!

The children's sermon attendees was compromised solely of Vannestes, Downeys, and Franciscos and the various personalities were on full display. We were all cracking up in the pews. Then after the service, we partied at Liv's house and the little boy cousins transitioned into superheroes. The girls are so very outnumbered and really do a great job of both playing with - and wrangling - that gang of boys.

There is way more time between visits than we would like, but those cousins just jump right in without hesitation. Their love for each other melts my heart and I hope they always remain that close. It does help that when we do go up, it is a full court press of togetherness! Four straight days of cousin time and my kids are still going through withdrawal!

No comments: