Luckily I was standing far enough away from him that I don't think anyone on the call heard. My friend Mike was on the call and I'm fairly certain he would have immediately texted me if it was audible. That's what I'm telling myself anyway!
********************************************************
Friday morning, Dec wandered into our room when he woke up. His morning self is my favorite.
Me: Good morning, ninja Santa [he was wearing Santa pj bottoms and a ninja turtle pj top. As one does]
D: Good morning, Mrs. Claus
Then he headed into our bathroom where Mike was showering to use the toilet
D: Good morning, Dada
Mike: Good morning, buddy! How'd you sleep?
D: On me back, Mush
[if you don't have Newsies memorized like Dec does, this means nothing to you. But if you can recite Newsies in your sleep, it's awfully clever for 7am]
*********************************************************
Hockey season has started for three out of five Vannestes. Never fear, all five Vannestes are impacted. Mike is hunting this weekend, so I was grateful that Dec and Quinn had practice at the same time today (we are not so lucky tomorrow).Dec had a rough practice. I could tell that he was super frustrated - but I was honestly really proud because he kept getting up, showing up, and trying to do it. He never quit. After practice, he told me he didn't like hockey anymore. I asked him why. He said "because I'm no good at it." We talked about how I thought he did a really good job and how I was proud of him for trying. I think he felt a little better.
Then we got home and I told him he could eat his tootsie pop from our neighbor. THEN ... he reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a dollar. No one knows how it got there. But he told me that they are now his lucky hockey pants. Sometimes it's the little wins that reset your whole day!

No comments:
Post a Comment