Wednesday, October 7, 2020

"Big" News

Fiona had her ten-year well check yesterday. Conversations about puberty aside (I can't. Already? What?!?! How? Help!), it was a great appointment. 

Do you guys remember how we've been clinging to the basement of the growth chart at fractions of one percent? Or us going to several endocrinology appointments where they tested and poked and prodded and measured her to make sure she was growing?

You guys, Miss Fiona Grace Vanneste was 9.33% on the height chart! I'm in marketing and almost always round up ... which means 10 percent! Double digits, just like her age. This is BIG news (see what I did there?)! Our doctor, Fiona, and I all cheered wildly when we looked at the chart. Our pediatrician's resident probably thought we were all crazy. I guess I have to thank puberty, since it delivered this spectacular growth spurt.

Official 10 year stats are ... 51" inches tall (9.33%. Up four plus inches from last year!!) and 54.6 lbs (4.7% - and probably the last year I'll publish her actual weight). She is wonderfully healthy and solidly the current tallest Vanneste kid. 

No comments: