Thursday, August 5, 2010

What a Night!

My friend Cheryl and I think we should be up for "wife of the year" awards. We gamely (and pregnantly) sat through FOUR softball games last night to watch the S-town end-of-the-year tournament.

The boys played so great! The evening transitioned from "we don't care, we're playing for fun" to "we just don't want to lose to this team" to "we could actually win this thing" to "we are too old for this." However, before they got to the "too old" part, they managed to win all four games and are regular season and tournament champions!


Baby was apparently very excited about the evening as well because when Mike finally got home after sharing a couple celebratory beers with the boys, he found me in bed but awake because I was "under attack." The kicking / boxing / rolling marathon finally settled down around 12:15 - thank goodness!

Baby and I managed to get up early this morning to make it to our weekly appointment where we were both rock stars. Baby passed all markers for the week and my blood pressure and weight are where they want them to be. Please keep thinking good thoughts that we pass with flying colors each week!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I see you didn't mention how long it took baby to pass the test...that's so unlike you. ;)

Hooray for the old fogies on the softball team. Should make them feel good that they can still beat up on those young "whipper snappers"!