I can't write a post long enough to describe all the things she is doing now. So I'll hit the highlights:
- Crawling: She finally figured it out and is a speed demon. As I mentioned in a previous post, Yogi is exhausted because he is the favorite target.
- Pulling up: She is working on pulling to her knees and occasionally will try to pull all the way up. She doesn't have much confidence in her legs, but we are working on it. She is very proud when she can stand "by herself" in her crib or at her music table.
- Talking: Grandpa V has started calling her jabberwocky because she chatters so much. In the last couple days, she has started saying "hi" when she waves. LOVE it! She is a big mimicker of the sounds we make. The "quarter" rule for inappropriate words is going to be in full force now.
- Reading books and playing in general: She loves it.
- Throwing things: pacifer, blocks, shoes, rings ... food. Favorite place to throw things - at Yogi.
- Eating mostly table foods: the baby food store in the cupboard is shrinking and she doesn't seem to miss it.
- Sippy cup mastery: Straws rock! We may even switch to formula in the sippy cup soon. The past couple mornings she has held her bottle all by herself. Where did our baby go? This is a big girl!!
Enjoying a picnic on Great Aunt Jane's deck
Such a big girl
Sleeping HARD
The flowers she got me for my birthday. She said
that Daddy only helped a little bit
that Daddy only helped a little bit
4 comments:
I absolutely love the "big girl" pic. Need a copy. She is growing up. sej
I'll tell Grandpa Nash to stock up on quarters! And maybe bring along some super glue just in case we run out of quarters! Just kidding, we'll be good :)
It's going to be so much fun to watch the progress in the next year or so...my favorite age :)
The eyes on the big girl pic...wow...gorgeous
Love the post! I have been absent from the blog world so just got caught up. Love the family pics. They turned out gorgeous!!!!!!!!! How did her "big" appointment go last month??
Take care!
Post a Comment