Mike and I have been asked several times lately how Fiona got her name. So we thought we would share the story of our Fiona.
As many of you remember, Fiona was known as "Baby V" until her birth. We didn't know if she would be a boy or girl. So one night, shortly before she was born, we sat in her room and made a list of possible boy and girl names. We were fairly sure we knew what we would name her if she was a girl ... and it was not Fiona. We were still debating boy names but had good possibilities.
When she finally came out, I took one look at her and thought "that's a Fiona." But since that wasn't the girl name we had decided on, I didn't know if it would fly with her dad. About an hour after we had her, I finally got to see her again in the NICU. The nurses asked if we had a name and we both said "no." When we got back to my room, I could tell Mike was thinking of a name. I asked him what he thought and he finally said, "I think she is a Fiona." I smiled happily and told him that's what I thought too. So we called the grandparents and aunties and it became official.
But - it gets better. The next evening when we were visiting the NICU, the same night nurse was there. She pointed to the board where it said "Fiona" and asked if that was her name. We thought it was a weird question, but confirmed. She laughed and said that the nurses the night before had played "what would we name this baby" and had decided on "Fiona" as well.
So that's the story of our girl. Fiona just suits her!







5 comments:
her name absolutely suits her...as well as the nicknames auntie emmy comes up with ;) juuuuuust kidding. love that sweet girl (and you guys too!)
p.s. code: the pictures are fab!
I new the story, but had forgotten some of the details. I do believe she was meant to be "a Fiona." LOVE the pics----want copies of all. ha ha sej
What was the other girl name??
I love her name, it does fit quite nicely!! THE PICTURES ARE GORGEOUS!!! We had outdoor ones last Friday and can't wait to see them!!! Hoping to make one into a canvas for our (hopefully) new home (we make an offer tuesday-pray we get it!!).
Take care!!
what a story - such an odd name for everyone to agree on! And love the pictures. I'm also curious to hear what the other girl name was.
Post a Comment