Saturday, April 28, 2012

Table Talk

I should never have said on my Wednesday post that Fiona was tolerating her allergies. Fiona is NOT tolerating her allergies the last few days. Poor thing has a cough that will not quit and is full of mucus. Because of day care, she calls her snot "boogers." We feel so bad for her and have been doing our best to give her the few meds she can take to make it more bearable.

Today at lunch, as she and her dad were comparing allergy symptoms, I had to institute a "no booger talk at the table" rule. This seems like common sense, but apparently it is not for allergy sufferers! She gets quite mad at the boogers while she is eating and is constantly asking for "a nose" (a Kleenex). After the "no booger talk" rule came about, Mike was Mike and said with a smirk, "Fiona, do you have poopers in your diaper?" to which she responded with an equally diabolical smirk, "POOPERS!"  Sigh ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on speaker phone and can attest to this fact. your husband and child are silly! in other news, i have listened to my "hi emmy" voicemail from bugs about 20 times today :)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!

Shawn

bethjohnsonmn said...

Is the Zyrtec helping? Hope so!

Nancy said...

You have your hands full with those two! Aren't you glad I encouraged Mike's sense of humor when he was her age? This post made me laugh out loud :)