Monday, December 3, 2012

Family Tales

A few conversations in the spirit of "families say the darndest things ..."
(while rocking before bed one night)
S: Bug, what should we sing next?
F: The church song.
S: A church song?
F: Yes! THE church song.
... so I start singing Jesus Loves Me  
F: No! That's the Jesus song! (duh, mommy)... after a few false starts, I figure out that the church song is Amazing Grace.
F: Mama, can you sing Amazing Fiona?
S: Bug, I think the song is about someone named Grace.
F: No, it's Amazing Fiona.
... for lack of ability to explain "grace" to a 2-year-old, we sang Amazing Fiona.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(while getting ready one morning after watching The Avengers)
M: I had a dream last night where you were the Black Widow (Scarlett Johanssen's character. She's redheaded, sexy, AND kicks butts and takes names)
S: Thanks, babe. Who were you? (I was thinking Captain America. Mike and the Cap have the same boyish charm and good looks)
M: An innocent bystander.
S: Really?!?! So that's what you think of our marriage ...?
M: (smirking) Apparently!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(eating dinner one night)
F: Can I have a candle?
M: Why do you need a candle?
F: So I can blow it out.
M: You want to blow it out.
F: Yeah. I do. And make a wish.
M: Oh, you want to make a wish with your candle. What will you wish for?
F: My cake!
She may have the Vanneste last name, but Johnson genes are strong in this one! ;-)

No comments: