Monday, December 31, 2012

Harmonica Serenade

Many memories of my Grandpa Johnson involve music. Listening to Grandpa playing the piano and singing. Hearing him sing "Blue Skies" when he was delightfully happy. Watching him play the harmonica (a skill that has always eluded me). 

So when we were cleaning out grandpa's house, I took one of his harmonicas. Just because. I have it sitting on our piano. Because both make me think of him. And when I think of him, I smile.

Mike took out the harmonica a couple days ago and [annoyingly] was able to pick up on the finer points of playing it rather quickly. Fiona was totally intrigued - so Daddy provide a mini-lesson. While she's not as good as grandpa [yet], she truly enjoys playing! As I watched her concert, I imagined grandpa listening too - and smiling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a great tribute to Grandpa! She's actually pretty darn good!
Love, Emmy