Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bath Time Adventure

This is a total overshare. So read at your own risk.

Tonight was bath night. In hindsight, I'm really glad Mike was home. I had popped the girls in the tub and Mike was picking up the mess from a day of play. As usual, I scrubbed them both and then let them play. Fiona was submerging her face in the water to blow bubbles and Quinn was laughing hysterically at her. Maybe it was the laughter ...

I noticed a brown area around Quinn and shifted her a bit. Several "floaters" appeared. I thought "oh crap - literally." So I scooped Q out of the tub. Helped Fiona stand up and get out. Thank goodness, because things were turning browner by the second in there! After everyone was pj'ed up, Mike volunteered to clean up the bathroom and I got to snuggle and read books with two freshly cleaned and lotioned girls. They smelled delicious! I love my hubby!

I can honestly say that was the grossest poop bath we have had. And this is coming from a family with spina bifida. We deal with a lot of floaters with Fiona's neurogenic bowel (seriously - make her laugh too hard in the tub and you are guaranteed to need the bleach!). Quinn continues to make her own places in the family lore!

*Disclaimer: the tub pictures are not from tonight. We did not make the children sit in a poop bath to get pictures. ;-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

GROSS! But to be fair, you did give a warning. ;)

The Bartholomews said...

Nate and Ben have read this multiple times, and both agree that it is hilarious. Typical.