Friday, April 26, 2013

Work Perks

My foot on the Ryman stage circle
I headed to Tennessee this week for work. We had a sales meeting with some big deal stuff that I've been working on since early January. It was really fun to see it all come together. An exhausting trip, but one I was glad to take. It was like watching my work baby being born!

The evening event on Wednesday was a trip to the Grand Ole Opry! I'm a huge country music fan, so this was super exciting for me. We had dinner there. On the stage. Like on the stage where the stars sing. So cool. And they brought two songwriters in to talk and perform. They were great and I knew several of the songs they had written. We also got to tour backstage and see the dressing rooms. It was a cool experience.

My cowgirl!
On a whim, I swung through the cowboy shop in our hotel (the Gaylord Opryland - like 10 acres of hotel. No lie). They had the tiniest cowboy boots I've ever seen. Small enough for Fiona's microscopic feet. So I splurged (too much) and bought itty bitty boots. She and I love them!

And now I'm home. And very happy to be back where I belong.

3 comments:

Emily said...

The picture I've been waiting for! Love her rockin' the boots :)

The Bartholomews said...

Those boots are amazing! I am jealous of her shoes already!!

The Bartholomews said...

Also jealous of the trip to the Grand Ole Opry. Always wanted to go there.