Tuesday, September 3, 2013

We're "Fall"-ing

Kissing her baby
No, no one else has fallen here - except Q, who continues her quest to conquer all things climbable. Cast or no cast. Her latest trick is to sit on the floor, throw herself backwards so she lands flat on her back, and giggle while enticing her sister to tackle her. Strange baby!

What I actually mean is that we are ready for fall. It's a favorite season around here (we do kinda like them all - best part of living in the north. FOUR seasons!!!). Fiona and I spent Q's morning nap today putting away the flower decoration and pulling out leaves, acorns, and pumpkins. We headed to the library and needed hoodies. We're discussing Halloween costumes and pumpkin patches. Life is awesome! So many things to look forward to. Plus, it's just early September so we know we'll get a few more hot days - just to fill our banks for February.

Ice fishing at the Children's Museum
I had a bit of guilt this morning as Fiona and I checked out all the pictures of kids heading off to school on Facebook and she looked at me sadly and asked why she wasn't going to preschool. Next year, my darling, next year. We would send her this year, but since she'll be almost six before she starts kindergarten, I'm just not sure she really needs THREE years of preschool. But my, she is ready!

Speaking of, here is her latest joke. I tried to teach her a new one. It just got blended with the old. I give her an A for creativity if nothing else ...
F: Knock knock.
S: Who's there?
F: Why did the chicken cross the road?
S: Why?
F: I don't know.
S: Impatient chicken
F: Moo!
Oh yeah - Q uses a plate now!
Yep - we know. It makes no sense, but she bursts out giggling every time.

I know this was a random post. Not much new and exciting is happening here. Just the same old wild craziness (just ask Auntie, who said FaceTime with us last night was like a tilt-a-whirl ride). Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That joke is going to catch on - I just know it ;)

Anonymous said...

Moo! Sara look at your email...sent you some pics of a fall decorating idea.
Love from Tucson! M