Saturday, December 21, 2013

Haircuts

We finally decided today that clearly Quinn's hair was not going to grow out and back. It was going to stay in her face and make her look like a Beatle. When she entertained Bugs this morning by shaking her shaggy head, it became clear it was time for a haircut.

Bugs and I have been struggling after bath to comb all the tangles out of her long long curls. So we decided as long as we were heading to Great Clips, we'd make it a two for!

Both girls were really nervous. Bugs was convinced it would hurt (it did not) and Q just hates strangers touching her (see Santa picture for reference). So they were lined up so Bugs could see me and I kept my hand on Q's leg. She was okay as long as the stylist did not put the cape on her. That was unacceptable. Bugs perked up once a "good job" sucker appeared.

Fiona's hair is just a bit shorter, but is even (!) and layered so those curls really pop. Quinn's is even and it frames her face. She's still shaggy (I really don't want to cut bangs if we can avoid it) but doesn't look like a Beatle anymore. Just in time for a Christmas picture where they both look at the camera at the same time ... maybe ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should get a pig bristle brush for Fiona's hair....doesn't pull at longer hair...I used one for many years until I cut off my tresses. You will have a much better and less crying outcome.
Cute pics! Love you guys! M in Tucson.