| Pregnancy pay off |
I shouldn't complain - overall, I've had very easy pregnancies. Even with Fiona, all the extra monitoring was for her and not me. This time has been especially uneventful. Mostly because there are two small people in this house who really don't care that I'm growing another. They have needs, stories to tell, and hugs to dole out. The end result is so worth it. Just look at those cute blondes! We both can't believe the baby is due so soon and can't wait for the baby to get here. Lots to do and dream about in the next few weeks. [Mike is reading the baby name book as I type this]
But seriously, why do people (strangers!) think that my belly is community property when I'm growing a person? Fact: it's not. And the running commentary gets old. I heard both of these today at work. No joke!
- Wow! You must be ready to go any day now. No, no, I'm not. I have two months left. But thanks for making me feel like more of a hippo by pointing out the fact that I'm quite pregnant.
- Wow! You are so tiny. You hardly look pregnant. While a very nice thought, I do hope that I don't usually look like I am 31 weeks pregnant.
Clearly, you can't win with me. I get it. This is probably why I don't post any belly pictures. There's no safe commentary. You've been warned (said with a healthy dose of humor. I haven't lost that).
3 comments:
You don't really think anyone is going to agree or disagree with a pregnant woman about how she looks do you?
Love ya, M in Tucson
M - you would be surprised by the comments that complete strangers feel compelled to make. Pregnancy is an interesting state - where everyone feels compelled to comment on your appearance.
Maybe I'm a little conscious of remarks as my job is working with pregnant women day in and day out and I get to hear the same thing from them about how they feel and how people feel free to poke at how they look and their belly. It'll all be over soonly. Love you lots...all of you! Ha! M
Post a Comment