Friday, January 2, 2015

Cheers, 2015!

Clink!
New Year’s Eve evening saw us home with the gang. Mike and I decided to try to make it a special for the team. So we made a picnic dinner and ate on a blanket in the living room (we never eat in the living room) while watching a movie (we almost never watch movies). The girls watched Tangled (Rapunzel) for the first time. Fiona was in love and is now so upset that I cut her hair before Christmas because how can she have Rapunzel hair when we cut it and woe is me, mom, life is so hard! Quinn actually sat still and watched most of it … probably because there was food. Dec got bored and took a short nap.

Then we did a New Year’s countdown to 7:00 pm with them. They got juice in fancy glasses (shot glasses … don’t judge!) and Mike and I had champagne. It was perfect. We don’t think they really understood the concept of the “new” year, but they totally got that something big was happening. And that was pretty cool.

As part of our countdown, we went around the family and each said one thing that we wanted to do in the new year. Not resolutions (I have to back away from these because I tend to come up with dozens … and then fail because there are too many), but memories to make. So here are the Vanneste family goals for 2015:
  • Declan: Learn to walk.
  • Quinn: Go ice skating.
  • Fiona: Go to the bakery that mommy used to work at.
  • Mom: Go on a family boat ride in daddy’s boat.
  • Dad: Go on a family camping trip.
We seem to have set realistic goals. How very Mike and very un-Sara of us. Keep reading throughout the year and see how we do. We’ll photograph and document all achievements in blog-land.

And yes, yes, I know I owe Christmas pictures. They’re coming.

One final note – the comment button does work, folks. Blogging to air here!  

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Never think you are blogging to air, this grandma checks the blog pretty much every day! I LOVE the goals for the new year, and I remember wanting Rapunzel hair too, in fact, I won that battle at Fiona's age and by the end of kindergarden I used to sit on my hair and had to pull it around in front of me to keep it from falling into the toilet water. I loved my super long hair! My mom used to put it in tube sock curlers at night and that kept it from getting too tangled, plus it was like having an attached pillow :)

Anonymous said...

Mostly you say it all so no need to comment.
However, since you sorta demanded (what Sara demand????), wishing the 6 Vanneste all the fun and pleasure they can stand in 2015 and that all stay healthy and happy!
Love ya, M&R in Tucson