As Mike and I held our coffee tight this morning and the kids watched a cartoon, we talked about what we wanted to do today. The last few weekends have been really busy and we haven't had the opportunity to just live in the moment on a Saturday for a while. We've had fun, so there are no complaints - it was just a nice feeling.
Mike was feeling overwhelmed by some of the outside projects that needed attention, so I sent him outside to work. He brought the girls with him and I put Dec down for a nap (partly so I could shower). Dec was still awake in his crib when I was done, so I let him out - I was impressed that he had played nicely for the whole time. We headed outside to join the gang and see how we could help. After gathering some sticks in the yard and throwing them in the fire pit, we joked about starting a fire. The crisp chill in the air was enough to turn our joke into reality. The kids thought it was fantastic to sit in their chairs and watch the fire. The roasted marshmallows didn't hurt their enthusiasm either!
After rest, we decided to rake up the few leaves that have settled in the front yard since we finished the fall raking. We underestimated the amount of leaves trapped along the fence line! We had a HUGE pile in the front yard, to the great joy of our three resident leaf jumpers. They all helped us move the pile from the fence line to the front yard and then ran, jump, twirled, safety fell, and were thrown by dad into the giant pile. Poor Mike had to un-winterize the trailer so we could pile it full of leaves and make trip number five to our neighbor's farm to dump them in the field.
It was a glorious fall day outside and we all enjoyed the fresh air and fun, which was made even by marking a couple things off the to-do list.
No comments:
Post a Comment