S: Q, can you go get me the wipes?
Q: Sure. Cuz Buggy has poops.
Q: Sure. Cuz Buggy has poops.
S: She does. Can you smell it?
Q: No. Last year, one of Buggy’s poops fell out.
(knowing that “last year” from Q can mean anything between last year, last week, last night, or 5 minutes ago, this felt like it needed further exploration)
S: When did one of the poops fall out?
F: (looking worried) I was checking my pull up and one of the poops fell out. I’m sorry.
S: When? When did this happen?
F: When you were putting Decky to bed ...
S: (looking around) What happened to the poop?
S: (looking around) What happened to the poop?
F: Don’t worry, mom. I just picked it up and put it back in my pull up.
Q: Yeah. Don’t worry, mom.
**************************************************************
Mike needs a big stick for Christmas - to fend off the preschool boys from Fiona. We were at school one evening to pick her up. She said good-bye to a little boy on our way out and he just started walking along with us, chatting with her. His dad was still up by the classroom, getting all his stuff. So we slowed down as I didn't want the dad to think I was taking an extra home. But little guy was so into his conversation with Bugs that he practically got in our car with us!
Another time, I was walking out with her and a different little boy literally ran past us on the stairs. With his dad calling behind him to slow down. But little man kept running ... so he could beat us to the door, open it for Fiona, and tell her to have a good night. His dad and I shared quite the look at that.
Don't worry, mom ...
**************************************************************
Words are pouring out of Declan these days. If I had any concern about him being behind his sisters verbally (I didn't), I really don't now. He's a little parrot and is working hard on stringing words together, labeling people, and making animal sounds.
I took the girls to gymnastics one night and when I got home, Mike had some crazy eyes. He said (with some desperation), "I'm not reading that farm book again! He's obsessed." And daddy was not kidding. Dec is obsessed with farm animal noises. My favorite is when you ask him what a rooster says ... "cocky cocky oooo" I may ask him three dozen times a day because I love it so much.
He seems to think that just about every animal says Moooooo. Don't worry, mom. He'll get it.
**************************************************************
Mike needs a big stick for Christmas - to fend off the preschool boys from Fiona. We were at school one evening to pick her up. She said good-bye to a little boy on our way out and he just started walking along with us, chatting with her. His dad was still up by the classroom, getting all his stuff. So we slowed down as I didn't want the dad to think I was taking an extra home. But little guy was so into his conversation with Bugs that he practically got in our car with us!
Another time, I was walking out with her and a different little boy literally ran past us on the stairs. With his dad calling behind him to slow down. But little man kept running ... so he could beat us to the door, open it for Fiona, and tell her to have a good night. His dad and I shared quite the look at that.
Don't worry, mom ...
**************************************************************
Words are pouring out of Declan these days. If I had any concern about him being behind his sisters verbally (I didn't), I really don't now. He's a little parrot and is working hard on stringing words together, labeling people, and making animal sounds.
I took the girls to gymnastics one night and when I got home, Mike had some crazy eyes. He said (with some desperation), "I'm not reading that farm book again! He's obsessed." And daddy was not kidding. Dec is obsessed with farm animal noises. My favorite is when you ask him what a rooster says ... "cocky cocky oooo" I may ask him three dozen times a day because I love it so much.
He seems to think that just about every animal says Moooooo. Don't worry, mom. He'll get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment