Sunday, February 21, 2016

Nothing Says Love Like Pie

Pie Quality Control team
We had a great time celebrating the Love Day around this place. We were lucky enough to have Gpa V here for the weekend, so Valentine's breakfast was complete with doughnuts. The kids have a tradition with Grandpa; whenever he stays here, he brings doughnuts for breakfast one day. They love that special tradition with him!

After breakfast, Mike and Gpa headed out to the lake for a day of ice fishing (don't judge Mike for going fishing on Valentine's Day. It was my idea!). The kids and I decided to celebrate by making a strawberry pie. When it turned out pink, the girls were thrilled - it was just like a heart. What are the odds!?!?! After rest time, we headed out to the lake to bring daddy and grandpa some pie. 

Grandpa and pie
Bugs and I should have had a refresher class before we went out that we were going to be on the lake ... made of ice. We both moved too fast and ended up on our bottoms. Luckily, we are Minnesota girls. As I told Bugs, it is neither the first nor the last time that we will fall on ice. You pick yourself up and try to remember to not run next time!

The kids had a fun time hanging out in the fish house (camper) and really enjoyed eating pie with dad and grandpa. The girls took turns fishing and each caught a couple crappies and sunfish. They were very excited when they could pull the fish up through the hole. And Quinn's favorite part was watching the fish swim away after Mike threw them back in. 

Once we got home, I made homemade mac and cheese and all three had second (and third) helpings - my gift from them! I got lots of hugs and thumbs up for the "fancy" dinner. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Even I might show up for ice fishing in a camper, if there's pie;) Looks like fun with the kiddos, who are getting wayyyy too big!

Emily said...

Pie TOTALLY equals love!