Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dec-versations

Someone enjoyed the sprinkler
As nearly 2-year-olds tend to do, Declan has been saying the funniest things lately. Here are a few of my favorites:

He has a baseball shirt that Gma got him. It says "I'm a hit with the ladies." At some point, we must have read it to him or to one of his sisters and he paid attention. He picked out that shirt last weekend and as I helped him put it on, I asked him what it said. He smiled proudly and said, "Hit the ladies." No no. No no no. That's not quite right, buddy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I made Chinese food last night, including potstickers. Declan really really likes potstickers. He wanted more and asked his dad. The conversation went something like this ...

D: More pot, daddy?
M: PotSTICKERS, buddy.
D: Ooooh. Pot.Sticker.
M: Good job.
D: More pot, daddy?
M: PotSTICKERS, buddy.
D: Ooooh. Pot.Sticker.
M: Yep.
D: More pot, daddy?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Even though he's a super sweaty boy, Dec likes wearing socks. The rest of us really don't. So I often tell the girls that they can have "bares" - meaning bare feet. Declan is currently in "bare feet training." It's my favorite because he calls them "teddy bears." So he'll have his bare feet for a while and then I'll get "No want teddy bears, Mama. Get socks?" He was pretty proud tonight because he decided to go to bed with teddy bears!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

"Hit the ladies." And pot. Hahahaha. That's quite the young man you're raising! ;-)

Emily said...

The pot. I can't even. So good.