Earlier this week, I was telling Declan that my Grandpa Johnson used to call Auntie and me "Pumpkin" and "Peanut." He was very intrigued by the story and was trying to imagine me as a Pumpkin. Then he got really excited and asked me to call him "Blueberry." And that has been the nickname he has wanted all week. He answers to it - and occasionally will ignore me until I call him Blueberry. Quinn has been trying out Pumpkin and Peanut to see if one fits her. But I'm pretty sure she will always be my Bot.
Friday, October 7, 2016
Thoughts on Nicknames
This will surprise you, based on her unpleasant, anti-social personality (sarcasm), but Fiona is well-beloved at school. Especially at the YMCA after care program. She told us this week that all the teachers at after care had given her a nickname: Nugget. I can't imagine how they came up with such a perfect nickname for her ... completely unrelated, at her 6 year well check, she was 40.5" tall (0.42%) and 34 lbs 1 oz (1.41%). We basically high-fived that we are still on the growth chart! She has also mentioned that the big kids like to pick her up because she's so tiny. [She is totally fine with the nickname. The teachers asked her permission to call her that. They are so sweet and respectful.] It does make me giggle when I pick her up and they yell "Nugget" across the room. And then I greet her with a "hi Bug!" People are going to wonder if she has a real name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I need the story of how Fiona first became Bug!
Post a Comment