Since it was an early game, there were several families there - all with kids around our kids' age. So it quickly became one big gang of small humans running up and down the length of the ice on the bleachers. The big kids had a blast and very sweetly included Declan in their escapades. C and I tried to keep count of humans and watched Hannah ... and the game.
The score was a bit lopsided (not in our favor), but Mike played really well and it was a fun game to watch. Hannah was ready for bed early in the third period so the Ps left. The kids and I hung out until the end. Because ... then they can watch the handshake line AND Daddy will skate over to see them. It makes their day to high five their daddy through the glass. He is truly their hero!
[And I'm not going to lie, watching the Zamboni - and having the Zamboni driver wave to them - while Daddy changes is the most amazing thing. It may be even better than Dad at the glass. Don't tell Mike!]
No comments:
Post a Comment