It has been a good change for him and we have noticed some big thinking from the boy as he spends his days with more kids in his peer group. These recent conversations have had me giggling!
D: Mama, I know my costumes for the next four Halloweenseses. (nope - I didn't have a stroke. Trying to spell as he said it)
S: Cool, buddy. What are they?
D: This one, I be Superman.
S: Yep. We already have your costume.
D: Then Spiderman. And then Ironman (pronounced I-RUN-MAN)
S: And then what?
D: An elephant.
S: Wow. I did not see that twist coming.
D: Yep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a couple weeks, preschool is closed for two days and Gpa V is coming down. Dec is beside himself excited and canNOT wait for Grandpa to arrive.
D: Mama, when Grandpa comes, first he'll have a cup of coffee.
S: That sounds about right.
D: Then I think we will play Hot Wheels.
S: I bet Grandpa would like that. What car will he get?
D: Superman (Yes, we have superhero Hot Wheels. Don't judge)
S: Which car will you have?
D: Spiderman
S: Which car will win the race?
D: Spiderman
D: Spiderman
S: Are you sure? Superman is awfully fast
D: It is. But Spiderman is fasterer.
S: Who will use Ironman? (pronounced I-ERN-MAN)
D: Nonebody
**You may remember the blue Corvette Stingray convertible Hot Wheel that Dec sadly lost at his birthday party. Against all odds, it was found recently, completely buried in the sandbox!!
***If you are wondering if Dec and I talk about things besides superheroes and Hot Wheels, the answer would be No. We do not.
No comments:
Post a Comment