When we went up to GR in August, in between the cabin and the birthday party, we sneaked in a trip to the Itasca County Fair. My sister and I were flooded with memories as we walked the fairgrounds. It's been many years since we've been to the local fair - and in so many ways, it felt exactly the same. My nephew Ben was working at the Moose food booth to make money for his band trip - just like I used to years ago (I did the math of how many years ago. I've decided not to share that math.). Since Ben wasn't working when we went, we hit up the Corn Palace instead for lunch. The corn was just as good as I remembered!
Dec was willing to go on the little Jeep ride and everyone got in on the Giant Slide action. Our people, they do love a giant slide! They were even able to race each other one of the times they went. I think that Quinn won, but I'm also pretty sure she started early. She likes to get that little extra starting advantage!
After we were done on the rides (and we explained to the girls for the twelfth time that we were out of tickets and that meant they couldn't go on more rides ... they really don't get the tickets thing), we wandered over to the barns to see the animals. We saw pony rides on the way and I promised Fiona that she could ride one before we left. In the barns, we looked at the horses, cows, goats, and sheep - and all the kids were so brave. Even Quinn took part in petting some of the animals. Because of the sudden surge in bravery, both Quinn and Declan decided that they also wanted to ride the ponies!
Between midway rides, petting animals, pony rides, and their first experience with funnel cake, it was a fun few hours at the fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment