A few days before, Quinn asked if she could go. I told her no because it was during the school day. With great exasperation, she informed me that siblings could go and that other kids in her class had gone to their sister or brother's program. I asked Fiona if Quinn could come. She had no idea. So I did what all good mothers would do and told Quinn to work it out with her teacher. So she did and happily told me on Friday that she was good to go. Then she reminded me what time the informance was. Because Quinn gets stuff done.
I left what I thought was a generous window to get there from work. But a bad combination of road construction, lane closures, and stoplight unluckiness ate my window and then some. I called Mike because I knew I wouldn't have time to swing through the Kindergarten wing to snag Quinn. He had just gotten there, so said he would get her. Then turned around and found her standing there, in the right place at the right time, as a Q does. Mike and Quinn snagged good spots and mouthed to Fiona that I would be there.
I got there about 2 minutes into the first song; Mike told me that he knew when I arrived because Fiona's face lit up when she spotted me. Mike traded spots with me and I sat near the front with Quinn. Other than it being one million degrees in there, it was a super sweet - and your typical school program where they were basically half a step from mass chaos at all times. She was incredibly proud and really happy that Quinn came too. And now we know what "informance stuff" is.

No comments:
Post a Comment