As I'm writing this, we are officially the parents of a first grader and a second grader. And a second year preschooler (who wants to go to Kindergarten right.now thankyouverymuch). I thought I was pretty okay with it - and then I did the side-by-sides of the first and last day of school. You can now find me sobbing in the corner.
You guys, when did they get so big? and so confident? and so dang cute? I swear I was watching - and yet it happened without me noticing it. Also, if you use the window in the background of the below photos as a height guide, the pants crises we had at various points throughout the school year make a lot more sense.
The girls are torn. They (mostly Fiona) are ready for summer vacation, but were also sad that the school year was ending. They get to hang with Daddy at the theatre tomorrow and then Nanny J starts on Monday. I suspect that once life with the nanny kicks in, they'll be all in on summer "vacay" (as Fiona has taken to saying. She was incredibly impressed that I knew that meant "vacation."). Dec will continue on at preschool this summer and, despite his face in the group photo, is pumped to spend the summer with his buddies.
Hello, summer. We're ready for you!




1 comment:
Fiona looks like aunt Em in the last day of school picture. Quinn looks like Sara.
Just my 2 cents! Here's to summer vacay!
Post a Comment