The user conference itself is nothing to blog about. He
learned lots of IT technical stuff and his nerdy little heart was super happy.
BUT – the evening networking event is where the news is. They brought in REO
Speedwagon to play a concert – just for the conference attendees. And guests.
Bet you can’t guess who volunteered to be Mike’s guest in a hot second!!!
Nanny J agreed to watch the ladies and add a Declan for the
evening. D was super excited to finally get time with her and she got to see
the differing dynamics when little bro is in the picture. Once I got everyone
settled, I met Mike at the event center to quickly grab some apps and a drink
(or two) from the happy hour before the concert. The concert started about 5:45
and they played until 7:00. We were home in time to put the kids to bed –
albeit with ringing ears!
We started the concert sitting in the back section. Mike’s
inner introvert wins out in bigger venues. While initially shocked at how old they looked (like seriously was worried
someone was going to break a hip), they still sounded great. And I made it
close to an hour of dancing in my seat before I simply couldn’t take it
anymore.
And with that, I made Mike dig deep to gather some “front
row behavior” and off we went to dance right in front of the stage. And by
dance, I mean me. And by stand there feeling uncomfortable, I mean Mike. We got
to hear the last three or four songs up close and personal – which was just the
best thing ever. Mike even caught a pick from the guitar player when he threw
it out in the crowd (which I promptly claimed).
It
was such a fun date night and not something that we normally do together (probably
in part because of our exact opposite concert behavior inclinations).

No comments:
Post a Comment