Friday, March 26, 2021

Leprechaun Mischief

There are splatters of green paint on our white ceiling above the dining room table. I really wanted to blame it on Darby the leprechaun and his St. Patrick's Day shenanigans. Unfortunately, the girls took that whole honesty lesson to heart and sold me out. I was opening some craft paints for them and apparently should not have squeezed when I did. It exploded everywhere. Including on the ceiling. New family rule: Just don't look up. 

We woke up on St. Patrick's Day to find Darby in the leprechaun trap that the kids had built. There were several piles of gold candies spread around the trap - as well as a few wrappers and footprints in green paint. Fiona also found a shamrock painted on the bathroom mirror. The kids were delighted by their morning ... other than the fact that I wouldn't let them eat a gold candy until after school.

While I was planning the menu for the week, the kids asked for green eggs for dinner. So my food gel and I obliged with disturbingly green eggs, bacon, and hash browns. They were odd to eat - but made everyone laugh. And we followed them up with some gold leprechaun candy. 

Unfortunately there are still green splatters on the ceiling. Those darn leprechauns ...

No comments: