Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fancy Footwork

Today was the day. We got Fiona's AFOs. The timing is probably great because of all the pulling up that she has been doing lately. She wore them for about 20 minutes at the clinic and did fine. She got a little frustrated when she tried to pull up, but figured it out [good girl!].

She needs to wear shoes with her AFOs, so we headed to the shoe store tonight. It was a bit of a challenge because her feet are SO small, but Daddy rocks and found a cute pair of tennis shoes that weren't too big and fit over the braces (not an easy combo). After we found her shoes, she and Mommy trolled the big girl shoe aisles. You know, just in case. She kept pointing and saying "shoe" at every pair. I was giggling the whole time. I love that she knows "shoe" in context! My girl.

We also stopped by my office on the way home from the clinic to have a sippy cup of milk and a snack and do some emails (you guess who did what). She happily performed for my co-workers ... showing several of them her finger held up in response to how old she is (one) and she said "buh bye" for the first time. She thinks Mommy's work is a super fun place!

And finally, here are some pictures of her rocking her new footwear:

I'm tired and want to go to bed.
WHY is Mommy making me take pictures?!?!
Fine. I'll model just a little.
Her AFOs have ladybug "tattoos" on the back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She just keeps getting so big! Love that she knows the word "shoes" haha. Thatta girl:) The ladybugs are a great touch too!
See you soon! luv u all. B

Anonymous said...

YAY mike for finding cute shoes! she's so great, and i'm glad her AFO's represent our wonderful little bug <3

emmy

The Bartholomews said...

Those little pink Nike's are ADORABLE!!! I can just see her getting mad trying to stand for the first time in her AFOs, and what was going through her mind (man, I JUST figured this out). She got them just in time now that she is standing, she can strengthen the right muscles instead of the wrong ones. Can't wait to see everyone next weekend!