Quinn has grown up so much in the last week. I'd say I don't know how we feel about it ... but I do know. Slow down, baby girl!She's apparently taking this "big" sister thing very much to heart. In the last week or so, here are some of the things she's been doing:
- Drinking from a regular cup during meals (she reminds herself to use "two hands")
- Taking a bath without a "pull up" (you may remember the fear of bath post from earlier. Our solution was to put her in a swim diaper. I've slowly been taking it off earlier and earlier in the tub. The last three baths have been pull up free!)
- Sleeping in her big girl bed. Since Saturday night. Yay to Gma Nash who got her to do it while we were out of town. She's asked a couple times for the crib, but we've convinced her to hang tough in the big bed. She's enjoying the extra freedom - and access to the bookcase.
- Tonight, as the girls and I were getting ready after their bath, we were talking about tomorrow and the baby coming. Q asked if they would see me. I assured her that Daddy would bring them to visit. She walked over, gave me a hug, and said "I miss you, mama." And I melted!
- She's really embracing having jobs and responsibilities. The girls were going to a birthday party tonight and I needed to cath Buggy first. I asked Q to go pick up the blocks while I did that. And there was not a block on the floor when I came out. Everything was put away!
It's awesome to see her gaining and embracing her independence. And a little bittersweet to see how quickly she is growing up. We love this big girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment