Monday, September 4, 2017

Troll Birthday Party

I was in Texas for Q's birthday and Fiona has to go to school on hers ... so I was on thin ice for the whole birthday thing! When I asked the girls what kind of cake they wanted for their party in GR, they agreed on a Princess Poppy cake from the movie Trolls. I told them that I could do that - and I could. Because I called my cousin Trish, who is incredibly talented at cakes, and she made a delicious strawberry/chocolate marble Princess Poppy head cake. And just like that, I was back to winning the birthday game!

We changed it up this year and had their family party up in GR at Gma and Gpa's house. We were up at the cabin when the cake was delivered to Gma's and between the huge cake and the groceries for the party, we had to do quite a bit of rearranging in the fridges. But we got everything in and we didn't ruin the cake! The girls were beyond excited about their cake and could not believe how beautiful it was. Otto was pretty excited about their cake too and couldn't wait to eat part of Poppy's ear!

Apparently, no matter where we are, we throw a wild birthday party. Declan, Otto, and Quinn decided to have a wrestling contest. The little boys thought it was a super good plan to gang up on Quinn and both sit on her. They quickly learned that you don't mess with the Q! Within about five minutes of that ill-advised move, both boys found themselves on their backs, leveled by a blonde, and rethinking their wrestling strategy. 

It was also so interesting to watch Fiona at the party. She had clearly decided she was too mature for the "toddler wrestling" and wanted to spend her time with the adults or Nate and Ben. A year ago, she would have been in the thick of that. It was crazy to see her on the other side; she's getting to be so big. She did get to see that big kids are still silly when Ben and Mike starting throwing balls at each other ... which lead to them chucking them at Emmy and me too (but mostly Em). It was a very laid-back, but fun party and the perfect way to celebrate our blondes.

They wanted to dress alike.
And their skirts reminded them of Troll hair!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fortunate that the dresses look like troll hair. Makes for much easier coordination of clothes and cake. Looks like everyone had a good time and that is truly the point of a good birthday party!
Be thankful that they aren't all in the winter or you would have the wrestling inside.
Happiest of returns from Tucson!!!! Love ya all! M