We were both pretty chilly at the start of the race, but by mile 2, were overheating. Beth and I are good running partners and go at about the same pace. We had run this race together before, right after I had Declan. But I was dying from the plague and Beth had a hurt foot. This time felt better for so many reasons. It is also safe to say that we drastically improved our time!
Mike brought all five kids down to see the end of the race - and we cheered on Beth's kids as they ran the half mile race. Then we headed home so that I could take a nice long, hot shower and try to loosen up my leg muscles. Everything felt good while I was running - but standing outside for quite a while after really tightened my muscles up.
While we were at ValleyFair, Mike was home taking down the trampoline and working on the leaf situation in the back yard. After lunch and a very short rest time where no one really rested, Mike and Declan took a load of leaves out to the farm to get rid of them.
A few weeks ago, we had made a trip up to Trader Joe's (we go for dark chocolate peanut butter cups and hummus. We get other things - but those two are a good enough reason for us!) and the girls talked me into buying a Haunted House kit. It's like a gingerbread house, only a Halloween version. We decided to put that together after we got home from the pumpkin patch. It was so much fun and they did a great job working as a team to decorate it.
I noticed Dec messing with his nose during the decorating and told him not to pick his nose. He had a funny look, so I asked him what he was doing. Yep. He had stuck one of the little candies up his nose. Because of course he had. So he took a quick detour into the living room to have his dad perform some candy retrieval. Then we had a short training course on NOT sticking things in your nose. Or your ears.
We also called Grandpa J to wish him Happy Birthday, gave Dec a haircut, and gave all the kids a shower.
And yet, at one point in the day, when I sat on the couch for ten minutes, Fiona asked me why I was laying around all day. True story. Clearly we didn't pack enough into the day!
1 comment:
I needed to lay down after I read this (Fiona can feel free to judge). You know my motto - "I'll do it tomorrow" ;)
Post a Comment