The girls were off school on Monday for end of quarter, so I stayed home with them - and also packed in a couple doctor appointments. By the time we finished Fiona's endocrinology appointment, the snow was really coming down and we crawled our way home. Two hours later, Mike went to pick up Declan and said he could barely see the roads. By 10pm that night, we were outside helping dig out the neighbor's car that was stuck in the road in front of our house. As Mike was towing them out with his truck (which required chains on his tires), I wandered down to the cul-de-sac to help another neighbor dig out as well. We were digging, pushing, and towing until after 11:00!
So in the morning when we got up and saw that we weren't plowed yet, I quickly decided to work from home. It was a good call as by 8:00, they had cancelled school for the day. Mike and D got out with the truck and headed to preschool and work. I was bummed to have to work, but since I had taken the day before off, I was really feeling behind. But all I wanted to do was go play in the snow. Luckily, the neighbors came through. The girls (especially Fiona) spent most of the day outside, playing with friends, throwing snow, building forts, and having the best time. I even let them walk down to the sledding hill on their own with their friend Scott when I went to get Declan from preschool.
I loved working and hearing the shrieks of happiness outside. Spending a snow day outside with your friends is exactly the way to celebrate an unexpected day off of school! Mike and I were happy to get in on the fringes of the fun as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment